Thursday, June 25, 2015

Check this out!

It is finally summer again and I am doing a lot of exploring. As an environmental enthusiast, I went to see the environments of different cities myself. I wanted to compare the quality of air and I ended up in Florida admiring the palm trees and the cleaner waters. I talked with my friend who works at a legal management consulting firm that does legal sourcing. To be honest, I find this summer to be very special. After a year of navigating my way through college and expanding my interests and knowledge about environmental science, I decided to travel to the beautiful state of Florida with its sun-kissed oranges, flowing palm trees, lovely lakes and ocean, and strong heat. Florida is such a warm and passionate state. I found, through my time here, that many people are basketball lovers often rooting for 'Miami Heat' basketball team. People in Miami would take out their pots and pans to bang around whenever their Miami Heat team wins a basketball game. I found this love of their basketball team amazing because nobody ever did the same for the New York Knicks when they won games. I guess their team is really good and is worth rooting for. However, my summer is not wrapped around sports or enjoying the heat. I decided earlier on that I will be spending my summer doing research about coral in an aquarium which is basically diving into a subject I love; this work that I am doing will remains a unique experience I will never forget. I am truly thankful for my high school teacher, Ms. Maggio, for fostering interest in this field. Before her, I would have never thought to be an environmental enthusiast. I viewed the environment in a different light after taking her environmental science class which . Never before did I know that the environment can be so gentle yet harsh, so malleable and changeable by man, and so mysterious. I was intrigued...enraptured...passionate about such a subject. So because I love the environment, I would like to give you some friendly reminders as to how to make this world a more sustainable place. 
Reminders:
1) Recycle your paper, cans, trash!!! 2) Reduce use of aerosols 3) Do not litter anywhere! Please sort everything in their appropriate bins. Anything thrown away can end up in the river and oceans that would hurt our animals and might end up in our own drinks! (That's right! I am an animal lover too)

No comments:

Post a Comment